Too busy to do skincare?
That’s no excuse to give yourself the pampering you need! Taking good care of your skin goes a long way if you want to look and feel good, even on your most hectic days. Say, using the right facial wash and toner does wonders for oily skin.
Arguably, adopting a skincare routine is one of the simplest forms of self-care that you can incorporate to help you get through the daily stresses that you are experiencing. Fortunately, there are simple and effective morning skincare routines that you can try to help regulate future breakouts, dryness, oiliness, and other skin problems.
Whether you have normal, oily, dry, or combination skin, this blog is definitely worth a read!
Easy Skincare Morning Ritual
The essentials of a unsophisticated skincare routine is to focus on what your skin needs. Does it need hydration? Does it need cleaning? Do you need an instant refresher or energizer? It should serve as your goal or motivation to make sure you don’t skip a routine as simple as cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
So, without further ado, here is a series of steps in caring for your precious skin that you can adopt even with a restless daily schedule:
Cleansing is the most basic part of any skincare ritual. It is the initial step that helps prep your skin for the succeeding steps of your routine. Also, cleansing or washing helps you rid your skin’s surface off impurities and dirt that you accumulated during the night.
Skipping this step will only add to the buildup of grime on your skin. Some women claim that washing your face with just clean water should do the trick, specifically because they have a more intense skin cleansing and exfoliating routine at night.
However, if you prefer to use a more elaborate and effective cleanser, you might want to consider a gentle or mild facial scrub. In this manner, you wouldn’t have to worry about drying up or irritating your skin even with continuous use.
Nothing complements a good cleansing better than using toner after. A toner boosts the purpose and effects of washing your face. Using a toner on your skin also helps hydrate it more.
Your best choice for an effective yet non-drying toner is one that’s alcohol-free and fragrance-free. Some fragrances tend to irritate the skin, while alcohol can cause dry up your skin’s outer layer.
Try to find a toner infused with essential oils to help retain moisture and make your skin look plump and refreshed. Organic products also tend to benefit your skin more since it contains less chemicals that could disrupt your skin’s natural barrier.
People who skip moisturizing in their skincare routine are likely to notice that their skin looks less radiant and duller. Moisturize your face after cleansing and toning. Doing so adds another layer of protection to your skin’s natural barrier. It also helps lock in hydration to prevent dryness or dry patches. A good moisturizer will also help even your skin tone, soften your skin, and give you a youthful glow.
- Block UVA/UVB rays
If you thought moisturizing is the end of it, well, there is one final step that you must not forget. Protecting your skin from the skin’s harmful UVA and UVB rays are a must especially if you spend a lot of time during the day outdoors. Sun exposure can damage your skin. The effects may be short term like sunburn or long-term, as in complications brought by direct exposure to UVA and UVB rays.
A sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 shields your skin from the harsh brightness of the sun.
Got some extra time? Why not throw in a few additional essentials to boost your skin’s protection and appearance!
- Eye Drops — If you stay up late at night due to work or spend huge chunks of the day facing the computer screen, investing in a good brand of eye drops and eye serum eliminates eye strain, puffiness, and tiredness. You can include this step during the day or night, depending on your preference too. Since your eyes
- Serums — Facial serums add more hydration to your skin. Some serums help enhance your inner glow, while other variations contain ingredients that reduce the appearance of acne scars and other skin imperfections.
- Facial masks— Whether you prefer clay masks, facial mask sheets, or homemade organic masks, adding this step to your morning skincare ritual effectively removes dead skin cells, rejuvenate your skin, and unveil a clearer, more radiant, and more flawless complexion.
- Fruits, leafy greens, and a healthy dose of water— You probably didn’t expect this, but yes, eating healthy and staying hydrated will benefit your skin in the long run. Eating excessive oily and unhealthy foods may be causing the seemingly unending breakouts you experience every week.
- Pamper yourself— Similar to adopting a healthy diet, pampering yourself contributes to releasing happy hormones in your body. The more you take the time to do self-care, the more energized and refreshed you feel every morning. Along with starting your morning skincare routine, indulge yourself in luxurious cruelty-free hair products and a nice, invigorating shower. Simple things like this effectively diminish your stress levels and add more youthful years to your skin.
Take good care of your skin. Skincare is not just for the sake of improving your physical appearance. Rather, it’s one of the secrets to boosting your self-confidence and empowering yourself!
How did these morning skincare routine tips fare for you? Check out our blog for more amazing skincare hacks!