Bored and disappointed with waxing and expensive hair removal products? Have you ever tried homemade sugar wax to eliminate unwanted hair from your body?
The unwanted thick hair under the arms, on the legs, and hands are so irritating. Generally, there are several options to eliminate the thick and long unwanted hair from your affected areas. Likewise, veet hair removal, hair removal machine, waxing stripes, and other various products are available on the markets and the stores. These products do remove the hair but it grows them even faster. Waxing could be the best choice for unwanted hair removal but it is very expensive and normal people can not afford this treatment. Therefore, homemade treatment can be the better idea for removing unwanted hair from the affected areas.
Homemade treatment such as sugar wax or sugaring can help you to save your time and money both at a time. Sugaring treatment for eliminating the hair from your body is being a very popular treatment in recent times. People are preferring homemade wax instead of visiting the salon and the parlor.
Table of Contents
What is sugar wax?
Sugar wax is a hair removal treatment or solution to remove unwanted hair from your body. It is similar to waxing where it quickly pulls the hair from the roots and doesn’t allow it to grow for a long time. It is a natural and less painful method rather than soft or hard waxing. Basically, the sugar home wax is made from mixing the ingredients like sugar, lemon juice, and water.
Diy Sugar Wax Recipe
Ingredients needed for Sugar wax:
- A cup of white sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Honey (optional)
How to make sugar wax?
- First of all, you need to place a small or medium pan on a stove or a gas.
- Add 1 cup of white sugar, ⅛ cup of water, and ½ cup of fresh lemon juice in the pan.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons of honey if you want to. It makes your skin smooth and prevents irritation.
- Make all the ingredients mix well and boil it in high heat.
- Continuously stir the mixture to avoid burning.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, reduce the heat to the medium, and stir it for some time.
- When the mixture forms a golden brown color or when the consistency of the mixture is thick remove the pan from the stove.
- Then transfer the sugar paste to a bowl and cool it for 30 minutes.
How to prep your skin for waxing?
The very important thing to know before waxing is prepping the skin. Without prepping the skin, the wax won’t completely work, and hard to eliminate hair by the follicles.
Firstly, before waxing you need to exfoliate your skin a day before to remove out the dead skin cells. Gently wash the areas you want to wax with normal soap. Then, dry out the area after cleaning it. Before waxing, make sure that the areas are free from lotion, powder, makeup, or any other oily products. Also, remember that the hair must be 1/2 or 1/4 inch smaller to eliminate it.
How to Use DIY Sugar Wax?
- After cooling the sugar paste (make sure it doesn’t cool completely, you need to apply the wax when it is warm), with the help of a stick or finger apply the wax on your skin.
- Hold the wax on the tip of your finger or stick and spread the paste in the direction of hair growth.
- Holding the skin taut, pull off the wax in the fast movement in the opposite direction of the application.
- Always pull off the wax in the parallel direction of the skin, not in the upward direction.
What should I do after Waxing?
After finishing the procedure of sugar waxing, you need to wash your skin using warm water and gently remove the sugar residual with a soft cloth. Then, pat your skin dry and apply a natural moisturizer to nourish your affected skin. It will actually help to soothe and heal your skin. And also prevents infection, irritation, and skin itchiness.
Is it safe to Sugar wax?
Sugaring hair removal is a sticky, gel-like paste that is made from natural ingredients like lemon, water, and sugar. It is an extremely safe, natural, and chemical-free treatment to eliminate the hair from the roots. But sometimes it could show some side effects on your skin due to its thick consistency.
It could be safe for the hair on the legs, chest, and back, it could be harmful to that hair on sensitive areas such as underarms, bikini lines, eyebrows, and upper lips. Make sure to test on a small area before waxing on your whole part of the body.
The side effects and risks include:
- Skin burning due to the hot wax of sugar paste.
- On the sensitive areas, it could remove skin instead of hair.
- Infection due to the ingredients can affect your skin.
- Skin irritation and small bumps can occur.
Is sugar wax permanent hair removal?
Sugaring is a homemade solution for eliminating hair from follicles. Sugaring hair removal is better than retinoids. It completely removes out the hair from the roots. But it is not a permanent treatment to remove excess and unwanted hair of the body. It could stop the hair from growing for several weeks but not for a lifetime. It is a gentler and less painful treatment. The constant hair waxing weakens your hair follicles that might control the unwanted hair from growing.
Using retinoids, hot waxing, hair removal machine is not better than doing sugar waxing. Sugaring can actually help to reduce that unwanted hair growth that we never want to grow again. It is definitely not a permanent solution but it is a safe and less painful solution. Continuously waxing the unwanted hair using sugar home wax can control the growth of hair and could be a lifetime solution by the time.