If there were any magic that will remove all of your hair problems and completely transform the health of your hair, wouldn’t you use it right away? Before start, looking high and low for this magic potion, let us tell you that it’s not a potion but a home remedy. There are multiple benefits of using amla for hair growth, right from controlling hair fall to reducing dandruff this potent ingredient can be very effective in adding shine to lifeless hair. Here’s how to do it…
Amla is known for the variety of benefits it offers to your hair. Amla is a rich source of antioxidants which helps to enhance your hair texture.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Use Amla For Hair Growth
- 2 Related Post
How to Use Amla For Hair Growth
Here are some home remedies using amla you an use for hair growth.
Amla Oil For Hair Growth
Amla helps to reduce protein loss and protects your hair. You have to massage your scalp with Amla oil which helps to strengthen hair follicles and reduces hair fall.
It also helps to improve blood circulation and helps to boost hair growth.
You will need
• 2 teaspoons amla powder
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. First you have to combine the olive and coconut oils.
2. Then you have to heat the oil in a pan and add two teaspoons of amla powder to it.
3. You have to heat the oil until it turns brown.
4. Then set the oil aside to cool.
5. Once the charred powder has settled, collect the oil in a bowl.
6. While it is still slightly warm, apply it to your scalp and hair. Massage your scalp for about 15 minutes.
7. Once you are done massaging your scalp and your hair is fully covered in the oil, wait for an additional 30 minutes with the oil in your hair.
8. Wash the oil out with a shampoo and lukewarm water.
3 times a week.
Shikakai And Amla For Hair Growth
Shikakai, like amla, can stimulate hair growth. It helps to induced hair growth and increased your hair thickness. It strengthened the hair at the roots and improved the health of your hair also.
You Will Need
• 2 tablespoons amla powder
• 2 tablespoons shikakai powder
• 4 tablespoons water
1. First You have to mix the amla and shikakai powders with water to get a smooth, consistent paste.
2. After that apply that paste as a hair mask to your hair and scalp.
3. Once your scalp and hair are fully covered, leave it for about 30-40 minutes.
4. Finally wash your hair with cool water using shampoo.
5. You can do it once a week.
Amla Powder And Egg For Hair Growth
Eggs contain full of protein which is often used in hair packs helps to induce your hair growth.
You Will Need
• 2 whole eggs
• 1/2 cup amla powder
1. First you have to blend the eggs in a bowl until they start to fluff up.
2. Then add the amla powder to the bowl and stir until you get a smooth, consistent paste.
3. Apply this paste as a hair mask to your hair and scalp.
4. Leave the mask on for about one hour.
5. Wash your hair with cool water.
Once a week.
Henna And Amla For Hair Growth
Henna is a popular natural coloring agent that helps to prevent dandruff and premature graying of hair. It also reduces hair fall.
You Will Need
• 1 tablespoon amla powder
• 3 tablespoons henna powder
• 4 tablespoons warm water
1. Place the ingredients in a bowl and stir until you get a smooth, consistent mixture. Also, you have to make sure not to use a metal bowl but can use a plastic or glass bowl.
2. Let the mixture soak overnight.
3. In the morning, apply the mixture to your scalp and hair. If you do not want your hair to turn orange then you can also add indigo to the mixture.
4. Once your scalp and hair are fully covered, leave the mask in for about 1-2 hours.
5. Wash your hair with shampoo and cool water.
Once a month.
Lemon Juice And Amla For Hair Growth
Lemon juice is also used as a scalp cleanser and helps to reduce dandruff. Lemon has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. It can also help to promote hair growth and reduce scalp acne.
You Will Need
• 1 tablespoon amla juice
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Combine the amla and lemon juice in a glass/plastic bowl. Mix well.
2. Massage this solution into your scalp for about 5 minutes.
3. Leave the amla-lemon solution on for an additional 10 minutes.
4. After15 minutes wash your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water.
1-2 times every fortnight.
Curry Leaves And Amla For Hair Growth
Curry leaves are full of antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant. They can improve scalp health and reduce hair fall. When you use curry leaves with coconut oil, then it can help to stimulate your hair growth.
You Will Need
• 1/4 cup curry leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped amla
• 1 cup of coconut oil
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add amla that you have already chopped and curry leaves to it.
2. Then you can heat the oil until it turns brown.
3. After that you can turn off the heat and set the oil aside to cool.
4. You have to collect the oil in a jar and discard the amla and curry leaves.
5. Then you can apply slightly warm oil to your scalp and hair. Massage your scalp for about 15 minutes.
6. Once you have completed massaging your scalp and your hair is fully covered in the oil, wait for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Wash the oil out with lukewarm water and shampoo.
The above method is the way you can use amla to stimulate hair growth.
Also Read: Can You Use Amla Powder for Hair Health?
Is There Any Side Effect Of Using Amla For Hair Growth?
Amla is a natural ingredient that is completely safe for your hair as well as body when taken in moderate amounts. But just like other natural remedies, too much use of it can cause a few negative side effects.
Amla is pretty cool by nature. So, if you suffer from a cold very often and quite easily, you should not consume it directly.
Some of the most common side effects of amla are hyperacidity, constipation, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, kidney problems, dryness and flakiness of the scalp, and dry skin.
Hence, you have to consult with your doctor before including the consumption of amla in your daily routine in any form if you already have any of the aforementioned medical conditions.
- How To Use Coconut Milk For Hair Growth
- 10 Foods For Naturally Glowing Skin | Skin Care Tips
- Anti Acne Diet: A Beginner’s Guide to Clear Skin Eating
- Hormonal Acne: How To Treat It Effectively
- 10 Amazing Home Remedies to Get Rid of Peeling Fingertips