Heavy pollution and environmental factors like harsh sun, stress, hormones, and unhealthy food can make your skin dull and prone to acne and pigmentation.
These days most of us are suffering from the same problem, blemishes, acne, and pimples. And end up spending a ton of money on skincare and makeup products without getting any results.
This is precisely why you need to be on a skin-friendly diet and intake fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. In this article, we have mentioned the list of food to eat to get your naturally glowing skin.
Fruits and vegetables are the most important food items that might help you to achieve blemish and acne-free skin. They contain skin-friendly components that help to sort out our skin problems from the inside out.
Hence, the intake of these foods will not only keep your body healthy but also will help you to achieve your naturally glowing skin.
Table of Contents
Food For Naturally Glowing Skin
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
When it comes to skin health, dark green vegetables are one of the best foods you can take to get your naturally glowing skin. Adding them to your daily diet is one of the easiest ways to enhance your naturally glowing skin.
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables loaded with antioxidants, essential vitamins which help rid your skin of dullness and enhance its glow.
Some dark green leafy vegetables that you add to your daily diet plan are spinach, Swiss chard, radish leaves, mustard leaves, lettuce, coriander, parsley, broccoli.
As we already know, fruits are highly rich in vitamins, minerals, and fruit sugar. By consuming fruits, you will be able to maintain your skin’s health and can get the glow that you always wanted. Here are some fruits that we recommend you to add your daily diet plan:
• Mangoes, which are rich in antioxidants and beta-carotene, which is synthesized in the skin. Intake of beta-carotene helps to reduce UV-induced redness. It also helps to stop premature aging, retain the skin’s elasticity, and facilitate the growth of new skin cells, though there is not enough scientific evidence to support these claims.
• Banana, which is rich in vitamins A, B, and E and prevents premature wrinkling of the skin. It has moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
• Papaya, which has antibacterial properties help in shedding the dead skin cells and clearing your skin of impurities.
• Kiwis and Oranges are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C delays the arrival of wrinkles and boosts collagen synthesis. Kiwi is also rich in antioxidants. Other fruits that are rich in vitamin – C are guavas, grapefruits, and strawberries. Consuming vitamin C helps to protect the skin from sun damage and promotes cell turnover, thus preserving the youth and beauty of your skin.
•Intake of a glass of warm water with honey and lemon juice can lighten your skin tone and keep it clear.
• Apple helps to maintain a toned look and makes your skin look younger, though there is no scientific evidence to prove the same.
• Berries have potent antioxidant properties that may help you get rid of dark spots and marks quickly.
Healthy fats are great for providing the skin with a healthy dose of natural oils which in turn reduce inflammation, acne, scaly skin, and redness.
You can get your glowing skin through the consumption of nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts, almond, and fish
Carrots are rich in beta carotene, Vitamin A, and antioxidants which make your skin healthy from the inside by flushing out toxins. They also help to protect your skin from sun-induced damage and prevent premature aging and wrinkles. It also helps to keep your skin glowing, silky soft, and smooth.
Avocado is the perfect food to regain your glowing skin. Avocado is rich in Vitamin E and healthy fats which help to improve skin elasticity.
It means you can use avocados for your skin which help to slow down skin damage, lock in moisture, and prevent premature wrinkling and dullness. If you want to include avocado in your diet then add them to your breakfast bowl, salads, etc.
Green tea is a natural source that is rich in antioxidants. When our skin is exposed to the sun Uv rays, free radicals are formed which are highly responsible for premature aging. Green tea helps to wash these free radicals out of the body also preventing premature aging
Drinking a lot of water throughout the day will not only be best for your skin but also for your entire body. Water flushes out the unnecessary and harmful toxins from your body and also keeps wrinkles at bay and gives you naturally glowing skin.
Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies for your all skin problems. When you apply aloe vera or consume, it is extracted in the form of juice or supplements, it helps to reduce any kind of inflammation.
Fish and Fish Oil
Fish and fish oil are rich in omega fatty acids which help to provide the skin with a healthy dose of natural oils to reduce inflammation, acne, and redness. Consuming Fatty fish like tuna, salmon, and carp helps to keep your skin healthy and soft
Broccoli is a rich source of antioxidants which play an important role to regain your glowing skin. Intake of broccoli helps to enhance your skin health. The free oxygen radicals attack the cells and disrupt the normal functioning of the cells and organs which can cause hormonal imbalance.
What are the foods to avoid to get naturally glowing skin
• Spicy foods
• Processed and junk foods
• High-sodium and high-sugar foods
• Oily and unhygienic foods
• Foods containing high levels of estrogen
• Foods that increase the internal body temperature
• Overcooked or partially charred foods (kebabs)
Healthy and glowing skin is a sign of your good health. So, you should consume healthy food and follow a diet plan to achieve your naturally glowing skin. Remove out all bad food habits from your diet plan and start following a new lifestyle. Cheers!