Most of us who have sensitive skin are often worried about irritation caused due to the use of strong cosmetics or products which contain too many chemicals in them. This makes it very difficult for you to take care of your skin and may resort to natural products instead.
We all know home remedies for sensitive skin are safer than other chemical-based products, but using harsh ones can lead to potential irritation. Here, we have mentioned a list of home-made face packs that are safe to use on sensitive skin.
But first, you need to know if you really have sensitive skin.
Many people often think they have sensitive skin if they see redness or dryness but this cannot completely be a judge of terming your skin sensitivity.
You have to consult with a dermatologist to assess if you really have sensitive skin or if it is just dry and dehydrated. A few common indicators could be:
• If you have extremely dry skin which does not protect the nerve endings
• If you have regular skin reactions leading to rashes, breakouts, etc.
• if you have skin itching and redness after using certain products
Once you have analyzed that you have sensitive skin, you can make packs using home remedies for your sensitive skin that will not cause any reaction.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies For Sensitive Skin
Aloe vera gel
If you also have sensitive skin then this will be the best natural ingredient for your skin. The aloe vera gel has soothing properties along with vitamin E which can help to heal your skin redness and itchiness. Aloe Vera Gel is one of the best home remedies for sensitive skin.
• First, Cut open the leaf of an aloe plant.
• Then you have to squeeze out the gel from within.
• Now apply the gel to your face and neck.
• You can leave it to dry overnight and wash your face with plain water in the morning.
• You might experience mild itchiness after applying the gel which is normal.
Honey is not just soothing, it also contains antibacterial properties as well which help to keep your sensitive skin moisturized without causing any irritation. Applying honey on your skin can definitely give you an immediate glow as well.
• First, you have to take 2 tbsp of honey in a bowl.
• Then, you have to add 2 tsp of cinnamon powder to it and mix well.
• Now, apply that mixture on your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
• Wash your face with water and you will get smooth and supple skin.
You may not be much of eating an overripe banana but you can certainly make a moisturizing face pack with it. You can also use overripe banana as home remedies for sensitive skin.
It helps to remove your dead skin cells and also seals in the moisture so your skin does not feel dry and itchy.
• First, you have to mash an overripe banana in a bowl.
• Then you can add 1 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of curd to it.
• Now, mix well and apply all over your face and neck.
• Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash your face and pat dry your skin.
Turmeric or Haldi
Turmeric powder has antiseptic properties that help to prevent common skin problems such as breakouts, rashes.
The presence of curcumin in turmeric helps to give your skin an inner glow. You can also use kasturimanjal to make homemade turmeric face packs. Turmeric is also one of the best home remedies for sensitive skin.
• First take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
• Then, add a few drops of honey and 2 tbsp of raw milk to it.
• Now, you have to mix well and spread it on your face and neck.
• Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash with plain water
Green tea is full of antioxidants that help to keep your skin naturally glowing and youthful. Green Tea is also one of the home remedies for sensitive skin
Since it has a very less amount of caffeine, it does not dry out the skin and helps soothe it. You can also store green tea bags in the fridge and use them later once they are completely chilled.
• First boil water and add green tea leaves.
• Then you have to strain out the liquid, let it cool.
• Now add 2 drops of honey to it and then dab it on your face with a cotton ball and leave it for 10 minutes.
• Then wash your face with water. Try some more green tea packs.
You can apply all these face packs twice a week and post washing them off, also use a moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin.
You have to avoid adding anything that is too strong or of acidic nature when you have sensitive skin, especially lemon, vinegar. You can also follow the above-mentioned home remedies for sensitive skin.